How to relax before bed and get to sleep quickly?
Many people have trouble getting to sleep. It can be hard to do considering all the activities the average joe takes on each and every day. Here are some excellent tips and tricks you can use to relax before bed to prepare for a great nights sleep:
- Clear your mind. The mind can run at 200mph and can stop you from relaxing for hours. Do a complete brain dump 30 min before bed by writing down everything that is bouncing around in your head. This can be relaxing at any time by the way.
- Listen to an audiobook you know well, or read a book you know well (if you read something "interesting" it could just keep you up). I personally use The Hobbit or other fantasy.
- Breathe deeply. Fill up your abdomen and then your chest. Do this 10 times. 10 Seconds per breath.
Further there is a magic hour 2 hours before you go to sleep (whenever that may be). Do the following 2 hours before bed to sleep even better:
- Avoid intense exercise for the 2 hours before you go to bed
- Avoid drinking any fluids or eating anything for the 2 hours before you go to bed
- Eat a small protein snack 2 hours before you go to sleep (for proper energy and digestion and lack of hunger pangs during sleep) 100 calories is just about right.
Shoot for a regular bedtime and wake up time. The body loves this kind of rhythm and in a few days or weeks you will find yourself sleeping better and relaxing easier each night.
Use these tips to relax before bed and get a great nights sleep. I know you can do it. :)
If you need even more help getting to sleep Click Here to see the latest method.